Addison megye LST -31 - Történelem

Addison megye LST -31 - Történelem

Addison megye

Megye Vermont nyugati részén.

(LST-31: 3,960; 1.328 '; b. 50'; dr. 14'1 "; s. 11,6 k; cpl. 119; a. 6 40 mm., 12 20 mm, 2 .30- kalcium mg; el. LST-1)

Az LST-31-et 1943. február 2-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1943. június 5-én indította útjára, támogatta Mrs. Mauriee Endres, akit a haditengerészet elfogadott, és 1943. július 0-án csökkentett megbízásba helyezték, és New Orleans -ba hajózott, ahol 1943. július 21 -én teljes megbízásba helyezték, John D. Schneidau hadnagy, ifj., USNR.

Az új tankleszálló hajó július 29 -én indult útnak Panama City -be, Fla., Ahol tengerparti gyakorlatok sorozatát vezette. Az LST-31 augusztus 7-én visszatért New Orleans-ba, hogy átvegyen rakományt a Csendes-óceánra. A kubai Guantanamo -öbölben történt rövid kikötő után a hajó augusztus 24 -én áthaladt a Panama -csatornán, és csatlakozott a csendes -óceáni flottához. Ezután folytatta útját a kaliforniai San Diegóba, ahová szeptember 13 -án érkezett.

Miután a hajó részt vett a tengerparti gyakorlatokon San Diego térségében, a hajó megállt Port Hueneme -ben és a kaliforniai San Franciseóban, hogy felvegyen rakományt. Október 15 -én elhagyta a nyugati partot Hawaii felé, 25 -én Pearl Harborba ért, és megkezdte a kirakodást. Amikor ez a feladat befejeződött, az LST ~ 31 november 5 -én ismét lehorgonyozta a horgonyt, és irányt alakított ki a Gilbert -szigetek számára. Az ötödik kétéltű haderő tagjaként a hajó részt vett a Makin -szigeten végrehajtott rohamban.

Az LST ~ 31 20 -án érkezett meg Makinról, és megkezdte a partra szállítást csapatokkal és rakományokkal. December 3 -án maradt az atollon, amikor elindult, hogy visszatérjen Pearl Harborba. l Nem sokkal érkezése után a hajó belépett a Pearl Harbor haditengerészeti udvarba javításra és átalakításra. A motorjavítás során további 40 és 20 milliméteres fegyvereket szereltek fel. Az udvari időszak 1944 január elején ért véget, és a felújított hajó ezután részt vett a Maui -parti kiképzési gyakorlatokon, hogy felkészüljenek a Marshall -szigetek inváziójára.

A tank leszálló hajó január 19 -én elhagyta Pearl Harbort, és elindult Kwajalein felé. Február 1 -én lehorgonyozta az atollra, és megkezdte rakományának kiürítését a Marshalls -i műveletek támogatása érdekében. Február 12 -én a hajó megkezdte a csapatok bevonulását Eniwetok inváziójához, és öt nappal később az LST 8. csoporttal csapattársa lett. 20 -án partot ért Eniwetokban, és megkezdte katonái partraszállását és a rakomány partra való kirakását. LST ~ 31 ott maradt március 20 -ig, amikor elindult Hawaii felé. Útközben megállt Kwajaleinben és Tarawában, hogy felvegye a rakományt és az utasokat, végül április 15 -én elérte Pearl Harbort.

Az ottani rakodóállomáson végzett javításokat követően május 10 -én folytatta működését egy sor edzéssorozattal a hawaii Hapuna -öbölben. 25-én az LST-31 elhagyta a hawaii vizeket, Eniwetok felé tartva. Június 7 -én, amikor megérkezett az atollra, tankolt és rakományt vett fel a Saipan elleni műveletek előkészítése során. A hajó június 14 -én érkezett meg Saipanból, és megkezdte a csapatok és a készletek partra történő kihelyezését. 23 -án megtisztította a területet, és visszatért Eniwetokba, hogy feltöltse rakományát.

LST ~ 31 július 17 -én érkezett vissza Saipanba; kirakott kellékek és kishajók; és a következő hetekben kórházi hajóként szolgált. Éjszaka lehorgonyzott Saipan mellől, hogy segélyt kapjon, és Tinian mellett volt, nappal. Ez a megbízatás elfoglalta a hajót augusztus 21-ig, amikor oda-vissza útnak indult Eniwetokba. Miután visszatért Saipanba, a hajó háromnapos útjavításon esett át, és szeptember 23 -án elindult az Egyesült Államok nyugati partja felé. Útközben megérintette Eniwetokot; Apamama és Makin -szigetek Gilbert -szigetek; és Pearl Harbor. November 6 -án elhagyta az utóbbi kikötőt, és 1944. november 17 -én elérte a kaliforniai San Francisecót.

Az ottani kikötőben töltött egy nap után az LST-31 San Pedroba hajózott, hogy belépjen a West Coast Shipbuilding Co. udvarába kiterjedt átalakítások és javítások céljából. A hajó 1945 február elején elhagyta az udvart, tengeri kísérleteket hajtott végre, és február 18 -án megérkezett a Mare Island Navy Yard Vallejo -ba, Kaliforniába, hogy kétéltű vízi járművet vegyen fel. Ezt követően Seattle -ben, Washingtonban járt további javítási munkák elvégzése érdekében. Március 10 -én a hajó elindult Hawaii felé, és 23 -án érte el Pearl Harbort.

LST ~ 31 április 4 -én indult el Hawaii -ról Okinawába. Eniwetokon és Guamban felszállt az utasokra, és felrakta a készleteket, mielőtt továbbment a Ryukyusba, és május 3 -án lehorgonyzott Okinawa délnyugati részén. Körülbelül három hétig maradt a területen, és logisztikai támogatást nyújtott az Okinawán harcoló csapatoknak. A hajó május 28 -án érkezett az UIithi -be, felvette a rakományt, és június 2 -án elindította az irányt a Fülöp -szigeteki Leyte -sziget felé.

Júniusban, júliusban és augusztusban az LST-31 a Fülöp-szigetek és Okinawa között üzemelt, és a két pont között szállított készleteket és csapatokat, hogy felépítse Okinawát, mint bázist a japán szigetek meghódítására. Ezt az inváziót azonban sikerült kiküszöbölni, amikor Japán kapitulált augusztus 15 -én. A hajó ezt követően a Fülöp -szigetek különböző pontjairól Japánba kezdte szállítani a megszálló csapatokat és felszereléseket. Először szeptember 15 -én érkezett a japán vizekre, amikor horgonyt ejtett a Tokiói -öbölben.

November 30-án az LST-31-et Japánban szolgálatba állították az 5. flotta, Amphibious Group 11, LST Flotilla 35. Ezeket a parancsokat azonban december végén hatályon kívül helyezték, és a hajót leszerelik. A tervek szerint átadták a japán kereskedelmi tengerészgyalogosnak, hogy egy japán legénység irányítsa, amerikai ellenőrzés alatt, japán állampolgárok hazaszállításához és a japán kikötők közötti szállításhoz. Miután a hajótól megfosztották az összes fegyverzetet és egyéb háborús felszerelést, az LST-31-et 1946. január 8-án leszerelték és átvitték a japánokhoz.

A hajó japán irányítás alatt működött 1948 májusában. A hónap harmadik napján elhagyta Yokohamát, és megosztotta az irányt az Egyesült Államok nyugati partjai felé. A tankleszálló hajót később Seattle környékén horgonyozták le. 1955. július 1 -jén az LST ~ 31 -et Addison megyének nevezték el. A nevét a haditengerészet listájáról törölték 1955. augusztus 11 -én, majd célpontként elsüllyesztették.

Addison megye öt harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatáért.


USS LST-31

USS Addison megye (LST-31) volt egy LST-1-osztályú tartályhajó, amelyet az Egyesült Államok haditengerészetének építettek a második világháború idején. A vermonti Addison megyéről nevezték el, ő volt az egyetlen amerikai haditengerészeti hajó, amely ezt a nevet viselte.

Az LST-31-et 1943. február 2-án, a Pennsylvania állambeli Pittsburgh-ben rakta le a Dravo Corporation, amelyet 1943. június 5-én indított, támogatta Mrs. Maurice Endres, akit a haditengerészet elfogadott, és 1943. július 10-én csökkentett megbízásba helyezték, és New Orleans-ba hajózott, ahol volt 1943. július 21 -én teljes megbízásba helyezték John D. Schneidau hadnagy, USNR ifj. hadnagyával.


Addison megye LST -31 - Történelem

Az LST-30-at 1943. január 12-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. május 3-án indítottak C. B. Jansen asszony támogatásával, és 1943. július 3-án helyeztek üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-30-at az európai színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletben:

Normandia inváziója-1944. június

Az LST-30-at 1946. március 6-án leszerelték, és 1946. május 8-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. április 2-án eladták a New Orleans-i W. Horace Williams Co.-nak, és átalakították kereskedelmi szolgálatra. .

Az LST-30 egy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-81-et 1943. február 2-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp. 1943. június 5-én indította útjára, Maurice Endres asszony támogatásával és 1943. július 21-én.

A 11. világháború alatt az LST-31 az AsiaticPacific színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

Gilbert-szigeti hadművelet-1943. november és december

A Marshall -szigetek művelete:

a) Kwajalein és Majuro atollok elfoglalása- 1944. január és február

b) Az Eniwetok-atoll megszállása-1944. február és március

a) Szaipán elfoglalása és elfoglalása-június és 1944. augusztus között

Tinian elfoglalása és megszállása-1944. július és augusztus

a) Okinawa Gunto támadása és megszállása -1945. május

Közvetlenül a háborút követően az LST-31 1946. január elejéig ellátta a távol-keleti megszállási szolgálatot. Visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. január 8-án leszerelték. 1955. július 1-jén az LST-31-et Addison megyének nevezték el egy megyében Vermont. A nevét a haditengerészet listájáról törölték 1955. augusztus 11 -én, és célpontként elsüllyesztették.

Addison megye öt harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért, mint LST-31.

Az LST-32-t 1943. február 17-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. május 22-én indítottak, Dorothy M. Manko kisasszony támogatásával, és 1943. július 12-én Gardner P. Mulloy hadnagy parancsára.

A 11. világháború alatt az LST-32-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

Dél-Franciaország inváziója-1944. augusztus és szeptember

Az LST-32-t 1946 júliusában leszerelték. 1951. március 7-én újra üzembe helyezték. 1955. július 1-jén az LST

82 Alameda megye nevet kapta egy kaliforniai megye után. 1957. augusztus 28-án átsorolták az Alameda megyébe (AVB-1), 1962. június 25-én leszerelték, és ugyanebben a hónapban törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1962. november 20 -án áthelyezték az olasz haditengerészethez.

Alameda megye két harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért LST-32 néven.

Az LST-33-at 1943. február 23-án tették le Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. június 21-én indított el Paul J. Walsh asszony támogatásával

augusztus 4 -én, majd 1943. augusztus 18 -án áttették a görög haditengerészethez, ahol a második világháború hátralévő részében szolgált. 1947 januárjában eladták Görögország kormányának, és ott szolgált Samosként (L-179). 1947. június 23 -án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról.

Az LST-34-et 1943. március 15-én rakták le Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp. 1943. június 15-én indította útjára, Verne C. Cobb asszony támogatásával és 1943. július 26-án.

A második világháború alatt az LST-34 az AsiaticPacific színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

Gilbert-szigeti hadművelet-1943. november és december

A Marshall -szigetek művelete:

a) Kwajalein és Majuro atollok elfoglalása- 1944. január és február

b) Az Eniwetok-atoll megszállása-1944. február és március

a) Saipan elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. június

Leyte partraszállás-1944. október és november

Lingayen partraszállás Luzon-1945 januárjában

a) Okinawa Gunto támadása és megszállása - 1945. május

A háború után az LST-34 1946 márciusától novemberig megszállási feladatokat látott el a Távol-Keleten. Visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. november 15-én leszerelték, és áthelyezték a Ryukyus katonai kormányhoz. 1947. december 23 -án törölték a nevét a haditengerészet listájáról. 1949 januárjában zátonyra futott a Távol -Keleten, és a kötegét elhagyták.

Az LST-34 hat harci csillagot szerzett a 11. világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-35-t 1943. március 20-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. június 30-án indítottak, Samuel G. Cooper asszony támogatásával, és 1943. augusztus 18-án átadták Görögország kormányának. világháború hátralévő részét. 1947 januárjában eladták Görögország kormányának, és ott szolgált Chiosként (L-195). A nevét 1947. június 23 -án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról.

Az LST-36-at 1943. április 21-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. július 10-én indított el Franklin Keen asszony támogatásával, és 1943. augusztus 23-án átadták Görögország kormányának, amelynél a maradékot szolgálta. világháborúból. 1947 januárjában eladták Görögország kormányának, és ott szolgált Lemnosként (L-158). A nevét 1947. június 23 -án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról.

Az LST-37-et 1943. április 1-jén helyezték el Pittsbu rgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. július 5-én indított el Jack Domb asszony támogatásával, és 1943. augusztus 18-án átadták Görögország kormányának. Bizerténél zátonyra futott , Tunézia, 1944. június 1 -jén, és elsüllyedt. A nevét a haditengerészet listájáról törölték 1948. augusztus 12 -én.

Az LST-38-at 1943. április 14-én rakták le Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp. július 19-én, 19.43-án indította útjára, Bertha Karpinski kisasszony támogatásával és 1943. szeptember 3-án.

A második világháború alatt az LST-38-at az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

A Marshall -szigetek művelete:

a) Kwajalein és Majuro atollok megszállása- 1944. január és február

Bismarck -szigetcsoport művelete,

a) Az Admiralitás -szigetek partjai 1944 márciusában és áprilisában

Hollandia hadművelet-1944. április

a) Guam elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. július

A háború után az LST-38-at 1945. szeptember 15-én átnevezték LSTH38-ra. 1945. november közepéig a Távol-Keleten látta el a megszállási feladatokat.

Miután visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, a hajót 1946. március 26 -án leszerelték, és 1946. május 1 -jén törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5 -én eladták a Barber, NJ és a Ships and Power Equipment Co. -nak. ezt követően selejtezték.

Az LSTH-38 négy csatacsillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért LST-38 néven.

Az LST-39-et 1943. április 23-án rakta le a Dravo Corp., Pittsburgh, Pa. de nem látott harci akciót. 1944 nyarán elsüllyedt, és 1944. július 18-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. Később áthelyezték, pótalkatrész-kibocsátó bárkává alakították, és újratervezték az YF-1079-et. Ebben a minőségében szolgálta a haditengerészetet egészen 1945 júliusa és 1946 januárja között, mire az YF-1079 eltűnt a haditengerészet listájáról.


Díjak [szerkesztés | forrás szerkesztése]

A második világháború alatt az LST-31 az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházban szolgált, és részt vett a Gilbert-szigetek hadműveletében (1943. november és december), a Marshall-szigetek hadműveletében, (a) a Kwajalein és a Majuro-atollok elfoglalásában (1944. január és február), és b) az Eniwetok -atoll megszállása (1944. február és március) Marianas hadművelet, a) Saipan elfoglalása és elfoglalása (1944. június -augusztus) Gunto (1945. május). Addison megye világháborús szolgálatáért öt harci csillagot szerzett.


  • Hancock városa a Vermont Historical Gazetteer -től.
  • Hancock városi jegyző:
    E -mail: P.O. 100. doboz
    Fizikai: 48 VT Route 125 Hancock, VT 05748
    P: 802-767-3660
    F: 802-767-4370
    E: [email protected]
  • Leicester városa a Vermont Historical Gazetteer -től. (hivatalos oldal)
  • Leicester Historical Society - találkozik a leicesteri városházán
  • Leicester város jegyzője:
    44 Schoolhouse Rd. Leicester, VT 05733
    P: 802-247-5961 x3
    F: 802-247-6501
    E: [email protected]

Addison megye LST -31 - Történelem

From the Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Vol. VII (1981), 569-731.

Az LST-1-et 1942. július 20-án tették le Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1942. szeptember 7-én indítottak Laurence T. Haugen asszony támogatásával, és 1942. december 14-én, W. L. Chessman hadnagy parancsnoksága alapján állították üzembe.

Az első világháború alatt az LST-1-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Az Anzio-Nettuno műveleti szakasz Olaszország nyugati partján-1944. január-március
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

Az LST-1-et 1946. május 21-én leszerelték, és 1946. június 19-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én selejtezés céljából eladták a Barber, N.J. Ships Power and Equipment Co.-nak.

Az LST-1 négy harci csillagot szerzett a világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-2-t 1942. június 23-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, a Dravo Corp., 1942. szeptember 19-én indította el, Nancy Jane Hughes kisasszony támogatásával és 1943. február 9-én.

A második világháború alatt az LST-2-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Észak-afrikai megszállás-1943 eleje
  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

Az LST-2-t 1946. április 11-én leszerelték, és 1946. június 5-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én eladták a Fülöp-szigetek Bosey-nek.

Az LST-2 négy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-3-at 1942. június 29-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., elindította 1942. szeptember 19-én, A. C. Harlow támogatásával, és 1943. február 8-án helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-S-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július-augusztus
  • Dél-Franciaország inváziója-1944 augusztusától szeptemberig

Az LST-3-at valamikor a második világháború befejezése után leszerelték, és 1946. június 19-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. szeptember 10-én selejtezés céljából eladták a Boston Metals Co.-nak, Baltimore-ban.

Az LST-3 két harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-4-et 1942. július 4-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1942. október 9-én indította el, J. Bartolo asszony támogatásával és megbízásából
1943. február 14.

A második világháború idején az LST-4-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Olaszország nyugati parti hadműveletei-Anzio-Nettuno előrehozott leszállásokat 1944 januárjában és februárjában
  • Dél-Franciaország inváziója-1944. augusztus és szeptember

Az LST-4-et valamikor a második világháború befejezése után leszerelték, és 1946. június 19-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. szeptember 10-én selejtezés céljából eladták a Boston Metals Co.-nak (Baltimore, Md.).

Az LST-4 négy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-5-t 1942. július 12-én, a Pittsburgh-ben, Pa. -Ban rakta le a Dravo Corp., 1942. október 3-án indította el, Wanetta Rose Barker asszony támogatásával, és 1943. február 22-én helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-5-t az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

Az LST-5-öt valamikor a második világháború befejezése után leszerelték, és 1947. augusztus 1-jén törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. október 7-én selejtezés céljából eladták a szingapúri Tung Hwa Trading Co.-nak.

Az LST-5 három harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-6-ot 1942. július 20-án helyezte el Wilmingtonban, Del. -Ben, a Dravo Corp., 1942. október 21-én indította útjára H. E. Haven asszony támogatásával, és 1943. január 30-án helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-6-ot az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

1944. november 17 -én bányásztak és hat mély víz mélyére süllyedtek, miközben a franciaországi Rouenből az angliai Portlandbe tartott. 1944. december 22 -én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról.

Az LST-6 három harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-7-et 1942. július 17-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1942. október 31-én indított Anna Marvin asszony támogatásával, és 1943. március 2-án helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-7-et az európai színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 július
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

Az LST-7-et 1946. május 21-én leszerelték, és 1946. június 19-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. október 7-én selejtezés céljából eladták L. Lewis Green-nek, ifj. Charleston, S.C.

Az LST-7 három harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

Az LST-8-at 1942. július 26-án tették le Pittsburgh-ben. A Dravo Corp. 1942. október 29-én indította útjára, Anne H. Johnston támogatásával, és 1943. március 22-én szállították át az Egyesült Királyságba.

Az LST-8-at 1946. június 1-jén tértek vissza az Egyesült Királyságból, és 1946. július 3-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én eladták a Fülöp-szigeteki Bosey-nek.

Az LST-9-et 1942. augusztus 9-én rakták le Pittsburgh-ben, a Dravo Corp. 1942. november 14-én, Katherine Moxin kisasszony támogatásával, majd 1943. március 19-én szállították át az Egyesült Királyságba. 1946. június 1 -jén az Egyesült Államok haditengerészete, 1946. július 3 -án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1948. szeptember 5 -én eladták a Bosey Fülöp -szigeteknek.

LST-10

Az LST-10-et 1943. január 13-án ARL-1 névre keresztelték, és Achelous (q.v.) névre keresztelték.

LST-11

Az LST-11-et 1942. augusztus 8-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1942. november 18-án indította el, Virginia Fowler kisasszony támogatásával, és 1943. március 22-én szállították át az Egyesült Királyságba

Az LST-11-et 1946. május 13-án visszaküldték az Egyesült Államok haditengerészetéhez, és 1946. június 5-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én eladták a Fülöp-szigeteki Bosey-nek.

LST-12

Az LST-12-t 1942. augusztus 16-án helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1942. december 7-én indította el, Joseph Fay támogatásával, és 1943. március 25-én helyezték át az Egyesült Királyságba.

Az LST-12 1946. január 5-én került vissza az Egyesült Államok haditengerészetéhez, és 1946. március 20-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. szeptember 11-én selejtezés céljából eladták a Washburn Wire Co., Philipsdale, R.I.

LST-13

Az LST-13-at 1942. szeptember 1-jén helyezték el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa .. bv. A Dravo Corp. 1943. január 1-jén indult útjára, Jean A. Brackmann asszony támogatásával, és 1943. április 3-án került át az Egyesült Királyságba.

Az LST-13-at 1946. február 27-én visszaküldték az Egyesült Államok haditengerészetéhez, és 1946. június 5-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. október 14-én eladták a Philadelphia állambeli Luria Brothers and Co., Inc.-nek, selejtezésre.

LST-14

Az LST-14-et 1943. január 25-én AGP-5-re változtatták, és Varuna (q.v.) névre keresztelték.

LST-15

Az LST-15-öt 1943. január 25-én ARB-3 névre keresztelték, és Phaon (q.v.) névre keresztelték.

LST-16

Az LST-16-at 1942. szeptember 1-jén helyezte el a delmingi Wilmingtonban a Dravo Corp., 1942. december 19-én indította útjára, Lois M. Alexander asszony támogatásával és 1943. március 17-én.

A második világháború idején az LST-16-ot az európai színházba osztották be, és a következő műveletekben vett részt:

  • Észak -afrikai megszállás:
    a) Tunéziai hadműveletek 1943. július
  • Szicíliai megszállás-1943 szeptember
  • Salerno partraszállás-1943. szeptember
  • Olaszország nyugati partjának műveletei:
    a) Az Anzio-Nettuno előrehozott partraszállása-1944. január és február
  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június

A háborút követően az LST-16 1945 szeptemberében és novemberében megszállási feladatokat látott el a Távol-Keleten. 1946. március 8-án leszerelték, és 1946. április 12-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én eladták a Hajóknak és Power Equipment Co., Barber, NJ, selejtezéshez.

Az LST-16 öt csatacsillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-17

Az LST-17-et 1942. szeptember 21-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1943. január 8-án indította útjára, Sarah H. Bankson asszony támogatásával és 1943. április 19-én bízta meg HB Gallagher hadnagy, USCGR, parancsban.

A második világháború alatt az LST-17-et az európai színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletben:

A háború után az LST-17 szakaszosan 1945 szeptemberétől decemberéig végzett megszállási feladatokat a Távol-Keleten. 1946. január 15-én leszerelték. 1954. november 15-én áthelyezték a 13. haditengerészeti parancsnokba, mobil célpontként való használatra. és 1956. augusztus 15 -én elsüllyesztette torpedótűz.

Az LST-17 egy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-18

Az LST-18-at 1942. október 1-jén helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1943. február 15-én indította el, Ruth Watt kisasszony támogatásával, és 1943. április 26-án helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-18 az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Finschhafen megszállási szakasza a kelet-új-guineai hadműveletben-1943 szeptemberében
  • Bismarck -szigetcsoport művelete:
    a) A Gloucester -fok partraszállása Új -Britanniában -1943. december és 1944. január
    b) Az Admiralitás-szigetek partraszállása-1944. március és április
  • Hollandia hadművelet-1944. április és május
  • Nyugat -Új -Guinea műveletek:
    a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi környék-1944. május
    b) Biak-sziget-1944. június
    c) Noemfoor-sziget-1944. július
    d) Sansapor-fok-1944. július és augusztus
    e) Morotai partraszállás-1944. szeptember
  • Leyte partraszállás-1944. október és november
  • Lingayen partraszállás Luzon-1945 januárjában
  • Dél -Fülöp -szigetek konszolidációja
    a) Palawan-sziget partraszállása-1945. március
    b) Visayan-szigetek partraszállása-1945. március és április

A háborút követően az LST-18 1945. november elejéig ellátta a Távol-Kelet megszállási feladatait. Visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. április 3-án leszerelték. 1946. április 17-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról, és eladták a Suwannee-nak Fruit & amp Steamship Co., Jacksonville, Fla., 1946. október 31 -én, kereskedelmi szolgálatra való áttérés céljából

Az LST-18 hét harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-19

Az LST-I9-et 1942. október 22-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., elindította 1943. március 11-én, Frances P. Gott asszony támogatásával, 1943. május 15-én állították üzembe, és 1945. szeptember 15-én újragondolták az LSTH-t.

A második világháború alatt az LST-19-et az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Gilbert-szigeti hadművelet-1943. november és december
  • Marianas művelet:
    a) Saipan elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. június és július
  • Tinianus elfoglalása és megszállása-1944. július
  • Nyugat -Caroline -szigetek műveletei:
    a) Déli Palau-szigetek elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. szeptember és október

A háborút követően az LST-I9 1945 októberében és decemberében megszállási feladatokat látott el a Távol-Keleten. 1946. március 20-án leszerelték, és 1946. május 1-jén törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 5-én eladták a hajóknak és a Power-nek Equipment Co., Barber, NJ, selejtezéshez.

Az LST-19 négy csatacsillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-20

Az LST-20-at 1942. október 5-én rakták le Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., amelyet 1943. február 15-én indítottak Anne B. Sylvester kisasszony támogatásával, és 1943. május 14-én helyeztek üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-20 az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Gilbert-szigeti hadművelet-1943. november és december
  • Leyte partraszállás-1944. október
  • Lingayen partraszállás Luzon-1945 januárjában
  • Okinawa Gunto művelet:
    a) Okinawa Gunto támadása és megszállása-1945. április

A háborút követően az LST-20 1945. november elejéig ellátta a megszállási feladatokat a Távol-Keleten. Visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. április 3-án leszerelték. 1946. június 19-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról, és áthelyezték a tengerészethez. Az adminisztráció 1947. október 8 -án selejtezéssel ártalmatlanításra került.

Az LST-20 négy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-21

Az LST-21-et 1942. szeptember 25-én rakták le Wilmingtonban, Del-ben, a Dravo Corp. 1943. február 18-án indította útjára, Lillian M. Lloyd asszony támogatásával és 1943. április 14-én helyezte üzembe.

A tank leszálló hajót az európai színházba osztották be, és részt vett a normandiai invázióban 1944 júniusában.

Miután visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, a hajót 1946. január 25 -én leszerelték, és 1946. június 19 -én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1948. március 12 -én eladták Louis Feldman -nek, a Flushing, NY -ból, majd selejtezték.

Az LST-21 egy harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-22

Az LST-22-t 1942. november 5-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1943. március 29-én indította el, WA Barnes asszony támogatásával, és 1943. május 29-én állította üzembe LN Ditlefsen hadnagy, USCG .

A második világháború alatt az LST-22 az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Kelet -Új -Guinea művelete:
    a) Saidor megszállás-1944. január és február
  • Bismarck -szigetcsoport művelete:
    a) Gloucester-fok, Új-Britannia-1943. december, 1944. január és február
    b) Az Admiralitás-szigetek partraszállása-1944. március és április
  • Hollandia hadművelet-1944. április és május
  • Nyugat -Új -Guinea műveletek:
    a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi térség művelete-1944. május
    b) Biak-sziget hadművelete-1944. május és június
    c) Noemfoor-szigeti hadművelet-1944. július
    d) Cape Sansapor művelet-1944. július és augusztus
    e) Morotai partraszállás-1944. szeptember
  • Leyte partraszállás-1944. október és november
  • Lingayen partraszállás Luzon-1945 januárjában

Az LST-22 visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. április 1-jén leszerelték. 1946. április 17-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról, és 1947. február 3-án eladták a MingSung Industrial Co., Ltd.-nek (Shanghai). kereskedelmi szolgáltatássá alakították át.

Az LST-22 hat harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-23

Az LST-23-at 1942. október 27-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1942. március 13-án indította útjára, Mary H. Miller asszony támogatásával és 1943. május 22-én.

A második világháború alatt az LST-23 az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Gilbert-szigeti hadművelet-1943. november és december
  • A Marshall -szigetek művelete:
    a) Kwajalein és Majuro atollok megszállása-1944. február
  • Marianas művelet:
    b) Saipan elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. június és július
  • Tinian elfoglalása és megszállása-1944. július
  • Nyugat -Karolina -szigetek művelete:
    a) Déli Palau-szigetek elfoglalása és elfoglalása-1944. szeptember és október
  • Lingayen partraszállás Luzon-1945 januárjában

1945. szeptember 15 -én átnevezték LSTH -nak. Közvetlenül a háború után az LSTH-23 1945 december elejéig ellátta a távol-keleti megszállási feladatokat. Visszatért az Egyesült Államokba, és 1946. május 24-én leszerelték. 1946. július 3-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról, és eladták Kaiser Co., Inc. Seattle, Washington, 1948. április 6 -án selejtezés céljából.

Az LSTH-23 hat harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért LST-23 néven.

LST-24

Az LST-24-et 1942. november 19-én helyezte el Pittsburgh-ben, Pa., A Dravo Corp., 1943. április 17-én indította útjára, Marguerite E. Davis asszony támogatásával és 1943. június 14-én helyezte üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-24-et az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházba osztották be, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Marianas művelet:
    a) Guam elfoglalása és elfoglalása- 1944. augusztus
  • Nyugat -Új -Guinea művelete:
    a) Morotai partraszállás-1944. szeptember
  • Leyte partraszállás-1944. október és november
  • Okinawa Gunto művelet:
    a) Okinawa Gunto támadása és megszállása - 1945. március és június

Az LST-24-et 1946. február 26-án leszerelték, és 1946. június 5-én törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1947. december 23-án eladták a texasi Houstonban található Humble Oil & amp Refining Co.-nak, és átváltották kereskedelmi szolgálatra.

Az LST-24 öt csatacsillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-25

Az LST-25-öt 1942. október 12-én helyezte el a delmingi Wilmingtonban a Dravo Corp, amelyet 1943. március 9-én indított el Doily Hemphill kisasszony támogatásával, és 1943. május 3-án, J. B. Holmes hadnagy, USCG parancsnoksága alapján állították üzembe.

A második világháború alatt az LST-25 az európai és az ázsiai-csendes-óceáni színházakban szolgált, és részt vett a következő műveletekben:

  • Normandia inváziója-1944. június
  • Okinawa Gunto művelet:
    a) Okinawa Gunto támadása és megszállása -1945. május
  • Haditengerészeti Foglalkoztatási Szolgálat, Ázsia-1945. szeptember és október, valamint 1946. március
  • Kínai Szolgálat-1945. október és 1946. március

Az LST-25-öt 1946. augusztus 2-án leszerelték, és 1946. október 8-án törölték a haditengerészet listájáról. 1948. március 31-én selejtezés céljából eladták a Kaiser Co., Inc. Seattle-nek, Washington.

Az LST-25 két harci csillagot kapott a második világháborús szolgálatért.

LST-26

LST-26 was laid down on 16 November 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 31 March 1943 sponsored by Mrs. Mathilda B. Coulter and commissioned on 7 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-26 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Bismarck Archipelago operation:
    (a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain-December 1943 and January 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April and May 1944
  • Western New Guinea operations:
    (a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation-May 1944
    (b) Biak Island operation-May and June 1944
    (c) Noemfoor Island operation-July 1944
    (d) Cape Sansapor operation-July and August 1944
    (e) Morotai landings-September 1944
  • Leyte landings-October and November 1944
  • Consolidation of the southern Philippines:
    (a) Mindanao Island landings-March 1945

She saw service in China from 3 to 10 October 1945.

Following the war, LST-26 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 April 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946 and was sold to Arctic Circle Exploration, Seattle, Wash., on 17 June 1946 to be converted for merchant service.

LST-26 earned five battle stars for World War II service.

LST-27

LST-27 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 27 April 1943 sponsored by Mrs. R. R. Creed and commissioned on 25 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-27 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-27 was decommissioned on 9 November 1945 and was struck from the Navy list on 28 November 1945. On 15 December 1947, she was sold to the Rhode Island Navigation Co., of Newport, R.I., for scrapping.

LST-27 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST-28

LST-28 was laid down on 8 December 1942 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 19 April 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Michael Torick and commissioned on 19 June 1943.

During World War II, LST-28 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-28 was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946. On 19 May 1948, she was sold to George H. Nutman, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for scrapping.

LST-28 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

LST-29

LST-29 was laid down on 8 January 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 17 May 1943, sponsored by Mrs. C. F. Lockton and commissioned on 10 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-29 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

LST-29 was decommissioned on 11 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 17 June 1946, she was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Seattle, Wash.

LST-29 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-30

LST-30 was laid down on 12 January 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 3 May 1943, sponsored by Mrs. C. B. Jansen and commissioned on 3 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-30 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operation:

LST-30 was decommissioned on 6 March 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 May 1946. On 2 April 1947, she was sold to W. Horace Williams Co., of New Orleans, La., and was converted for merchant service.

LST-30 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-31

LST-31 was laid down on 2 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 5 June 1943 sponsored by Mrs. Maurice Endres and commissioned on 21 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-31 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajulein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June through August 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

Immediately following the war, LST-31 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 January 1946. On 1 July 1955 LST-31 was named Addison County after a county in Vermont. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 11 August 1955, and she was sunk as a target.

Addison County earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-31.

LST-32

LST-32 was laid down on 17 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 22 May 1943, sponsored by Miss Dorothy M. Manko, and commissioned on 12 July 1943, Lt. Gardner P. Mulloy in command.

During World War II, LST-32 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:

LST-32 was decommissioned in July 1946. She was recommissioned on 7 March 1951. On 1 July 1955, LST-32 was assigned the name Alameda County after a county in California. She was reclassified Alameda County (AVB-1) on 28 August 1957, was decommissioned on 25 June 1962, and was struck from the Navy list that same month. On 20 November 1962, she was transferred to the Italian Navy

Alameda County earned two battle stars for World War II service as LST-32.

LST-33

LST-33 was laid down on 23 February 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. Launched on 21 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Paul J. Walsh, commissioned on 4 August 1943, and transferred to the Greek Navy on 18 August 1943, with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Samos (L-179). She was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-34

LST-34 was laid down on 15 March 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., launched on 15 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Verne C. Cobb, and commissioned on 26 July 1943.

During World War II, LST-34 served in the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Gilbert Islands operation-November and December 1943
  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June 1944
  • Leyte landings-October and November 1944
  • Lingayen landings on Luzon-January 1945
  • Okinawa Gunto operation
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto - May 1945

Following the war, LST-34 performed occupation duty in the Far East from March to November 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 15 November 1946 and transferred to Military Government, Ryukyus. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 December 1947. She ran aground in the Far East in January 1949, and her hulk was abandoned.

LST-34 earned six battle stars for World War II service.

LST-35

LST-35 was laid down on 20 March 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 30 June 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Samuel G. Cooper and transferred to the government of Greece on 18 August 1943 with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Chios (L 195). Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-36

LST-36 was laid down on 21 April 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 10 July 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Franklin Keen, and transferred to the government of Greece on 23 August 1943 with which she served through the remainder of World War II. She was sold to the government of Greece in January 1947 and served there as Lemnos (L-158). Her name was struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947.

LST-37

LST-S7 was laid down on 1 April 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 5 July 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Jack Domb, and transferred to the government of Greece on 18 August 1943. She ran aground off Bizerte, Tunisia, on 1 June 1944, and sank. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 12 August 1948.

LST-38

LST-38 was laid down on 14 April 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 27 July 1943 sponsored by Miss Bertha Karpinski and commissioned on 3 September 1943.

During World War II, LST-38 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Bismarck Archipelago operation:
    (a) Admiralty Islands landings-March and April 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944

Following the war, LST-38 was redesignated LSTH-38 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 26 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1946. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to the Ships and Power Equipment Co., of Barber, N.J., and subsequently scrapped.

LSTH-38 earned four battle stars for World War II service as LST-38.

LST-39

LST-39 was laid down on 23 April 1943 by the Dravo Corp. at Pittsburgh, Pa., Iaunched on 29 July 1943 sponsored by Mrs. L. A. Mertz, and commissioned on 8 September 1943. She was assigned to the Pacific area during World War II but saw no combat action. She sank in the summer of 1944, and she was struck from the Navy list on 18 July 1944. She was later refloated, converted to a spare parts issue barge, and redesignated YF-1079. She served the Navy in that capacity until sometime between July 1945 and January 1946, by which time YF-1079 disappeared from the Navy list.

LST-40

LST-40 was laid down on 3 June 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., launched on 7 August 1943 sponsored by Miss Hilda Sambolt, and commissioned on 15 September 1943.

During World War II, LST-40 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Consolidation of the Solomon Islands:
    (a) Consolidation of southern Solomons- June 1943
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and August 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation-July 1944
  • Okinawa Gunto operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto -May 1945

Following the war, LST-40 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 18 February 1946. In February 1947, she was transferred to the United States Military Government Korea, as a sale, and was struck from the Navy list on 5 March that same year.

LST-40 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-41

LST-41 was laid down on 24 May 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 17 August 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Mary Spisak and commissioned on 24 September 1943, Lt. W. B. Dundon, USNR, in command.

During World War II, LST-41 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Hollandia operation-April 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Guam-July 1944
  • Western Caroline Islands operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
  • Luzon operation:
    (a) Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945

Following the war, LST-41 was redesignated LSTH-41 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 25 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 8 October 1947, she was sold to J. C. Berkwit & Co., of New York City, N.Y.

LSTH-41 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-41.

LST-42

LST-42 was laid down on 17 June 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 17 August 1943 sponsored by Mrs. F. M. Leslie, and commissioned on 30 September 1943, Lt. Roy L. Guy in command.

During World War II, LST-42 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
    (b) Occupation of Eniwetok Atoll-February and March 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June and July 1944
  • Tinian capture and occupation July 1944
  • Western Caroline Islands operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands-September and October 1944
  • Iwo Jima operation:
    (a) Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima- February and March 1945

Following the war, LST-42 was redesignated LSTH-42 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until early April 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 26 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September 1946. On 26 March 1948 she was sold to the Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.

LSTH-42 earned five battle stars for World War II service as LST-42.

LST-43

LST-43 was laid down on 19 June 1943 at Philadelphla, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 28 August 1943 sponsored by Mrs. C. A. Hill and commissioned on 6 October 1943. She was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater during World War II and participated In the occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls from 31 January to 8 February 1944. On 21 May 1944, she was lost through an accident. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 18 July 1944. She was raised but deemed beyond economical repair and was subsequently sunk by torpedoes in 1945.

LST-43 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-44

LST-44 was laid down on 7 July 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 11 September 1943 sponsored by Mrs. F. E. Haeberle, and commissioned on 22 October 1943.

During World War II, LST-44 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944. Following the war she performed occupation duty in the Far East anl sernce in China until mid-February 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 20 February 1946. In 1947, she was transferred to the United States Army and was destroyed on 23 July 1947, cannibalized and scrapped. On 28 August 1947, her name was struck from the Navy list.

LST-44 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-45

LST-45 was laid down on 27 June 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 31 August 1943 sponsored by Miss Lois C. Donnelly and commissioned on 15 October 1943.

During World War II, LST-45 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:

  • Marshall Islands operation:
    (a) Occupation of Kwajelein and Majuro Atolls-January and February 1944
  • Marianas operation:
    (a) Capture and occupation of Saipan-June through August 1944
    (b) Tinian capture and occupation-July and August 1944
  • Okinawa assault-March through June 1945

Following the war, LST-45 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 30 November 1948 and struck from the Navy list on 22 December that same year. On 25 February 1949, she was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., of Seattle, Wash.

LST-45 earned four battle stars for World War II service.

LST-46

LST-46 was laid down on 20 July 1943 at Pittsburgh Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 16 September 1943, sponsored by Mrs. J. J. Edson, Jr. and commissioned on 3 November 1943.

During World War II, she was assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion from 6 to 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater where she took part in the Okinawa assault in June 1945. Following the war, LST-46 performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until midMay 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 13 February 1948, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and resold to T. Y. Fong on the same date.

LST-46 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-47

LST-47 was laid down on 30 July 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 24 September 1943 sponsored by by Mrs. Clarence H. Vant, and commissioned on 8 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 26 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-47 performed occupation duty in the Far East in the fall and winter of 1945 and early January 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 January 1946 and transferred to the United States Army the same day. She was assigned to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 and redesignated USNS LST-47. USNS LST-47 was transferred to the Philippine Navy on 13 September 1976.

LST-47 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-48

LST-48 was laid down on 8 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 2 October 1942 sponsored by Mrs. A. E. Stacey and commissioned on 16 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 30 May and 10 June 1945. Following the war, LST-48 performed occupation duty in the Far East during the winter of 1945 and 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 8 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1947. On 27 May 1948 she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethiehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.

LST-48 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-49

LST-49 was laid down on 17 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp. launched on 9 October 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Kathryn Saban and commissioned on 20 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 8 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-49 performed occupation duty in the Far East and service in China until mid-March 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. She was sold to Bosey Philippines, on 4 December 1947.

LST-49 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-50

LST-50 was laid down on 29 August 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Iaunched on 16 October 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Tito Tarquinio and commissioned on 27 November 1943.

The tank landing ship was initially assigned to the European theater and participated in the Normandy invasion between 6 and 25 June 1944 and the invasion of southern France between 15 August and 25 September 1944. She was later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater of operations where she took part in the Okinawa assault between 18 and 30 June 1945. Following the war, LST-50 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946.

Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 6 February 1946 and was struck from the Navy list on 8 September 1952. On 14 November 1952, she was redesignated ARB-13 and transferred to Norway as Ellida (A-534). She was returned to the United States on 1 July 1960 but was retransferred to Greece on 16 September 1960, and served with the Greek Navy as Sakipia (A-329).


Welcome to Addison County Vermont Történelem és genealógia

Our goal is to help you track your ancestors through time by transcribing genealogical and historical data and placing it online for the free use of all researchers.

WE REGRET THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO DO PERSONAL RESEARCH FOR YOU.

We're looking for folks who share our dedication to putting data online and are interested in helping this project be successful. If you are interested in joining our group, view our Volunteer Page for further information and then contact Nancy Piper .

If you are not interested in becoming a host, but do have information to add to our website, email me, Nancy Piper . I will be happy to help your obituaries, news items and other historical data find its new home here at Vermont Trails History and Genealogy.

Past Updates Recent Updates
2020 december
Biography: Bennett S. Brown

2020 szeptember
Death Notice: Mrs. Harriot Eliza Hawley, Elijah Tyler
News-Fires: Patrick Burgin's Barn Destroyed by Fire

1790 Addison Twp Federal Census - Sorted by Head of Household - Contributed by Jo Ann Scott

1790 Federal Census - Entire Census - Transcribed by Linda Natale TÖRTÉNELEM

Swift's 1859 History Chapter II: County Seats, County Buildings, Courts, Changes of the Judiciary MILITARY

Addison County Military Casualties (WWII Army, Vietnam and Korean war casualties) - Contributed by Tammy Clark


Addison County, Vermont

Addison County is a county located in the state of Vermont. Based on the 2010 census, the population was 36,821. Its shire town is Middlebury.

Etymology - Origin of Addison County Name

The History of Addison County by H.P. Smith, 1886, D. Mason and Co. states that Addison County ". was named in honor of Joseph Addison, the English author. " The Addison family continues to thrive in England and has written us with the information that Joseph lived from 1672 to 1719 and left these words for us: Happiness is something to do, something to love, something to hope for! Addison is buried in Westminster Abby.

Demográfiai adatok:

Addison County History

Addison County was organized 18 Oct 1785 from Rutland County.
County Seat: Middlebury

In 1609, the French explorer Samuel de Champlain entered the 136-mile lake that would bear his name. Before the end of 17th century, a small stone fort was built at Chimney Point near what is now West Addison on Lake Champlain. It was the first settlement in Vermont. The fort was occupied by the French and then the British. During the Revolutionary War, Lake Champlain was the scene of bitter battles and those living in the area were captured or driven away. One such event happened in May of 1775 Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys, along with Benedict Arnold rowed across the Lake to captured Fort Ticonderoga from the British.

Iroquois settled in the county before European arrived in 1609. French settlers in Crown Point, New York extended their settlements across Lake Champlain. A few individuals or families came up the lake from Canada and established themselves at Chimney Point in 1730. In 1731, at Cross Point Fort Frederic was erected. In the year 1759, General Amherst occupied Cross Point and British settler's settlers came in. The Battle of Bennington in Bennington, fought on August 16, 1777, brought a turning point for the American independence against British.

Finally, in 1783, peace was declared, settlers began to return and new communities were formed. Addison County was established on October 18, 1795 and encompassed most of the lands in northwestern Vermont bounded by Lake Champlain.

This county was established by act of the Legislature October 18, 1785 at the period of Vermont Republic. In 1791, Vermont joined the federal union after the original thirteen colonies. When Vermont was admitted to the Union in 1791, the size of the County was reduced to its present area with a population of about 6,400 settlers.

Földrajz: Föld és víz

As reported by the Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 808 square miles (2,093 km 2 ), of which, 770 square miles (1,995 km 2 ) of it is land and 38 square miles (99 km 2 ) of it (4.72%) is water. The primary stream of the county is Otter Creek, which runs through the county from the south to the north.

Neighboring Counties

Bordering counties are as follows:

  • Chittenden County, Vermont - north
  • Washington County, Vermont - northeast
  • Orange County, Vermont - east
  • Windsor County, Vermont - southeast
  • Rutland County, Vermont - south
  • Washington County, New York - southwest
  • Essex County, New York - west

Oktatás

Addison County has the following high schools:

Vergennes Union High School in Vergennes
Mt. Abe Union High School in Bristol
Middlebury Union High School in Middlebury
Middlebury Union Middle School in Middlebury

Addison County is also home to two institutions of higher learning, Middlebury College and the Community College of Vermont, both located in Middlebury


Bridport Genealogy (in Addison County, VT)

NOTE: Additional records that apply to Bridport are also found through the Addison County and Vermont pages.

Bridport Birth Records

Bridport Cemetery Records

Bridport Census Records

Federal Census of 1940, Bridport, Vermont LDS Genealogy

United States Federal Census, 1790-1940 Family Search

Bridport Church Records

Bridport Death Records

Bridport Immigration Records

Bridport Land Records

Bridport Marriage Records

Bridport Newspapers and Obituaries

Bridport Sun 1901-1915 Newspapers.com

Bridport Probate Records

Vermont, Addison County and District Probate Files, 1845-1915 Family Search

Additions or corrections to this page? We welcome your suggestions through our Contact Us page


Addison

Like the Indians before them, the first white settlers made their homes near rivers and groves of native timber that gave them the fuel and water needed for survival. The first pioneers in what is now Addison Township were Hezekiah Dunklee (also spelled Duncklee) from Hillsborough, New Hampshire, and Mason Smith from Potsdam, New York. They arrived in Chicago September 3, 1833, having traveled by land from Detroit. They left Chicago five days later, and following a northwest trail made the year before by General Winfield Scott’s army through twenty miles of flat, grassy marshland and prairie, they came to a large grove of trees located on the eastern bank of a river, which later became known as Salt Creek. After surveying the land to the west of the river, they returned to the north end of the grove.

On May 25, 1834, Bernhard Joachim Koehler and his family settled east of Dunklee’s Grove on the present site of the River Forest Country Club. On that same day the Friedrich Graues settled south of the grove. These two families were the first of a large German influx during the next few years. Others to follow were the Stuenkels, the Krages, the Roter­munds, the Kruses, the Fienes, and the Buchholzes.

Most of the necessities of life were produced on the farms, but often the pioneers had to travel to Chicago to buy other provisions. With no roads through the prairie, travel was difficult. Many walked the eighteen miles to Chicago.The Des Plaines River flooded after heavy rains, and at those times such travel was impossible. Wells were dug by hand, often to a depth of thirty or forty feet, and a windmill was built to pump the water. If there was not enough wind, pumping was done by hand.

In 1839 Dunklee’s Grove became part of Washington Precinct. When township organization was adopted in 1849, Washington Precinct became known as Addison Township.

Tól 1874 Atlas & History of DuPage County, Illinois.

After the first pioneers settled, other friends and relatives came to claim lands. In 1837 there were thirty families living in the Dunklee’s Grove area. By 1844 there were 200 people living in the vicinity. Gradually businesses were established, such as a steam grist mill, a general store, a cobbler’s shop and a blacksmith shop. In 1867 the Heidemann Mill was constructed in Addison to serve the residents who had been taking their grain to surrounding communities to be ground.

By 1853 state laws enabled school districts to be formed, and District 4 came into being with the building of its first public school in 1858. Peter Nikel was the teacher. The building was located on the southwest corner of Addison and Army Trail roads. Today it is part of the Edward Green home. The German population of Addison Township formed a church in 1838 which was called the German United Reformed Lutheran Congregation of Dunklee’s Grove. In 1849 the first church school building was erected in Addison, near the corner of Army Trail Road and May Street.

In 1864 the Evangelical Lutheran Teachers’ Seminary was built in Addison to train teachers for the Lutheran school system. Their lecture hall, which opened in 1885, included a chapel, and it was here that the residents of Addison worshipped from 1893-1906. In 1906 the Lutheran congregation built the St. Paul Church along Army Trail Road near Lake Street.

In 1874 the Evangelical Lutheran Orphan Home was built to “raise, train, and educate orphans, half orphans and other children entrusted to its care.” All children from the Orphan Home who were of school age went to St. Paul’s Christian Day School. After graduation from the eighth grade, the girls would remain in the Home for work and future training. The boys were placed on farms, truck farms or in greenhouses to work.

In 1884 the village of Addison became incorporated. The population at the time was 400. The first president was Henry Buchholz, who served in that position from 1884 to 1891. In 1890 five Addison men formed the Addison Railroad Company, Inc. These were William Leeseberg, Louis Stuenkel, Edward Rotermund, Professor Johann Backhaus, and H. Z. Zuttermeister. Stock capital amounted to $5,000. A charter was issued on July 16, 1890, for the right to a stretch of land from today’s North Avenue into Addison to build a railroad track. In agreement was made with the Illinois Central Railroad officials to provide the railroad bed and equipment and to maintain and operate the railroad for fifty years from that date. The cost of the whole right-of-way was $16,488.90. The first train came to Addison for the Orphan Home Picnic on September 12, 1890.

Illinois Central Train in Addison on “Orphan Home Festival Day.” Courtesy Historical Museum of Addison.

Telephone service became available in 1895. Addison’s first bank, the Addison State Bank, opened in 1902. In 1912 the Public Service Company of Northern Illinois brought in light and power lines. Electric street lights burned in Addison for the first time on February 1 That same year the Western United Gas and Electric Company brought gas lines into the area.

In 1913 the Lutheran Teachers’ Seminary moved out of Addison to River Forest, where it is now known as Concordia College. The Seminary had been a vital part of Addison’s history for almost fifty years. The Seminary buildings were purchased by the Chicago City Mission Society as a home for dependent children who had had little opportunity for moral, mental or physical development. The children, who were referred by the juvenile courts, were moved from Chicago to Addison in 1916. This became known as the Addison Manual Training School for Boys and the Industrial School for Girls, known generally as the Kinderheim.

Illustrations by Vivian Krentz. Graphics by Ron Carringi.

Street improvements began in the late 19th century. During the 1920s roadways were improved and the automobile made its appearance. The former muddy roads and dusty trails gave way to gravel and concrete roads, and the population patterns began changing. With better routes and the railroad, people were building their homes along the roads.

Two lanes of Lake Street were paved in 1922. A narrow gauge railroad was built along Lake Street to the quarry in Elmhurst to bring gravel and cement to the site. When the roadwork was completed, these tracks were removed. Because of the desire to thoroughly modernize the town, a water system was installed in 1924.

Also, by 1924 the Kinderheim had outgrown the structures which had housed the Seminary, and the building was torn down to make room for a new two-story brick building to house the young people of Kinderheim. This was completed in 1925. Today that structure serves as the municipal building and houses the police department.

Plass Garage. Arthur Krage, George Rathje, George Plass, Warren Web stand before the Ford Agency in 1925. Courtesy Historical Museum of Addison.

Increased traffic along Lake Street prompted the widening of the road in 1930 to forty feet all the way from Cook County line to Ontario­ville, a distance of 12’h miles, and the constructing of a three-span bridge over Salt Creek at Lake Street. Addison was served by the Marigold Bus Line, which came from Chicago every hour on the hour. It followed the same route that had been used in 1837 by the Frink and Walker Line on its way toward Galena, these stage coaches having stopped for a change of horses in Addison.

During the 1930s Addison, as well as the rest of the country, was plunged into the Great Depression. In Addison the bank was forced to close, although in 1933 enough money was raised (between $8,000 and $9,000) to meet legal requirements, and the bank was again able to open for business. The residents of Addison were able to weather the lean years by raising food for their tables, and by taking any job, no matter how small the pay.

The years of World War II brought prosperity once again to the community. Again the men of Addison served proudly in all the services. There were 86 of them in the war. Miraculously, all of them returned safely. Among the Addison residents who had been taken prisoner were Lester Rotermund in Germany, and William Stuenkel in Italy. There were two casualties among those who came from the area outside of Addison: Wilbur Backhaus, who was killed in the Battle of the Bulge and Ernst Ellerbruch who was killed in Sicily.

When World War II ended and the servicemen began returning from overseas, a housing shortage developed. The “G. I. Bill” gave young families the opportunity to purchase homes, and the “baby boom” of the post-war years brought many new residents to Chicago’s suburbs. The population in 1950 was 823. By 1963 it had reached 13,272. Generating a marked increase in village revenue, this growth affected the construction industry and also created additional demands for village services. Schools were soon unable to accommodate the large number of young children, and population projections indicated a need for future expansion of the school system.

School District 4 constructed a building in a second location in 1957, and in that same year St. Joseph Catholic Parish also opened a grade school. From that date, when Fullerton School was built, until 1972 the number increased to nine public grade schools and one junior high school.

In 1965 a second Catholic grade school, St. Philip the Apostle, was built. In 1966 there were two secondary schools built, Addison Trail High School and Driscoll Catholic High School.

Additional religious facilities were added to serve the increased population. Originally most of the residents had been German Lutherans, and the few Catholic families attended church in Elmhurst. As the number of families increased, so did the diversity of faiths. Between 1954 and 1965 there were seven churches of different denominations built.

The “G. I. Bill” was also used by many of the returning servicemen after World War II. Addison established an industrial park with a railroad line that ran into the area. Highways were being improved, and the short distance from O’Hare Airport was an attraction to many manufacturers who built in the park. These additional plants, in turn, brought more people to Addison to live. Many of the farmers surrounding Addison began to sell their farms as property values rose and their taxes increased accordingly.

Prior to 1950 there were few parks and playgrounds in Addison however, as developers subdivided the land, they were encouraged by village officials to set aside areas in each subdivision to be used as parks. In 1958 the Central Park Committee was formed. This was a volunteer group of homeowners who helped establish and maintain parks. The Addison Recreation Club, another volunteer group, began working with Addison’s youth in the early 1950s. In 1965 Addison voters approved a referendum to establish a park district, which now owns over 200 acres of land at eighteen sites and offers activities for residents of all ages, from tots to senior citizens.

In 1962 a public library was established in the municipal building. In 1968 a new building was constructed along Lake Street at Kennedy Drive to house the Addison Public Library.

The banking industry also grew along with the population. Before 1950 the Addison State Bank was the only bank in Addison. As population and businesses increased, the need for additional financial services brought the opening of six other banks or saving and loan associations to the village.

The building industry that began flourishing after World War II concentrated on single-family homes in Addison. More recently developers have obtained permits to build multiple family homes, apartments, townhouses and condominiums. Decreasing availability of land and rising construction costs have contributed to this trend. Today shopping centers have replaced the earlier “general stores.” Shops and restaurants have opened specializing in ethnic goods for an increasingly diverse population.

Also, the schools, with an increased enrollment of children from families new to this country, have had to include bilingual courses in their curriculum. High technology advances have caused many services and business establishments to turn to computers and new training programs for their personnel. Addison’s special education organization, the Ray Graham Association, its Lutherbrook (successor to the Evangelical Lutheran Orphan Home), its assistance programs through the Community Switchboard, its support for cultural growth through the arts programs are all a part of Addison’s response to varying needs.

To summarize, during the past 150 years Addison has grown from a few hardy settlers planting their crops to a town of 30,000 citizens engaged in a multitude of occupations. The quiet hamlet where everyone knew everyone else has given place to a suburb bustling with activity. Today, as it has been throughout its history, Addison is a caring community.

Pearl Morris and Vivian Krentz are co-authors of AddisonVillage of Friendship, the community’s centennial book.


Nézd meg a videót: Addison Rae: Obsessed. The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon